Mauro Icardi is an Argentine professional football player who currently plays as a striker for Italian club Internazionale and the Argentina national team. He serves as captain for the Serie A club Internazionale. Being aged only 24, he is also admired as one of the youngest successful captains in football, he is currently Serie A top goal scorer.
- An Argentine professional football striker of Italian club Internazionale and the Argentina national team.
- His finishing skills and for being a physically strong striker.
Early Life, Place of Birth, Nationality, Parents, Siblings, Ethnicity
Mauro Icardi was born as Mauro Emanuel Icardi Rivero to Argentine parents, Analia Rivero and Juan Icardi. He was born and raised in Rosario, Argentina along with his sister, Ivana Icardi, and brother, Guido Icardi.
He moved to Spain’s Canary Islands along with his family when he was 9. Talking about his nationality, he is an Argentine citizen and belongs to Latin ethnicity. He joined the youth academy of Barcelona in his early days.
Youth Career, Senior Career, Sampdoria, Internazionale, Argentina National Team
- He signed a contract with the Italian association football club ‘Unione Calcio Sampdoria,’ better known as ‘Sampdoria,’ on loan, till the end of the 2010–2011 season, a confirmation of which was made by the club on January 11, 2011. He spent a six-month stint with the club’s ‘Primavera’ team, on loan, during which he scored 13 goals in 19 games.
- In July 2011, ‘Sampdoria’ bought ‘Icardi’ for €400,000, signing a deal of three years.
- His first-team debut with ‘Sampdoria’ was on May 12, 2012, in a 2–1 win against ‘Juve Stabia.’ The match also marked the first professional goal netted by him.
- He made his ‘Serie A’ debut on September 26, 2012, against ‘Roma.’ He netted his first goal in the professional league competition on November 12 that year, during the ‘Derby della Lanterna,’ when ‘Sampdoria’ scored a 3–1 win over ‘Genoa.’
- He scored both the goals of his team’s 2–1 win over ‘Juventus’ at the ‘Juventus Stadium’ on January 6, 2013, which marked the second loss of ‘Juventus’ at the stadium.
- He turned heads with his spectacular performance in his club’s match against ‘Pescara,’ scoring four goals in a six-goal win by ‘Sampdoria’ on January 27, 2013. With this win, the club moved away from the relegation area of ‘Serie A.’
- He joined the professional Italian football club ‘Internazionale’ in 2013. The deal between the club and ‘Sampdoria’ included a transfer fee of €6.5 million for 50% registration rights. On August 25 that year, he made his official debut with ‘Internazionale’ in its 2–0 home win against ‘Genoa.’
- He scored his first league goal for the club on September 14, 2013, netting the first goal of a 1–1 draw against ‘Juventus.’
- On June 10, 2014, ‘Internazionale’ went on to take full ownership of Icardi, in lieu of another €6.5 million.
- Icardi made his European debut with ‘Internazionale’ on August 20, 2014, in a 3–0 win over Iceland’s ‘Stjarnan,’ during the first leg of the play-off round of the 2014–2015 ‘UEFA Europa League.’ The match also marked his first European goal.
- He scored his second ‘Serie A’ hat-trick on September 14, 2014, when ‘Internazionale’ scored a 7–0 win against ‘Sassuolo.’ He concluded the 2014–2015 season by becoming the top goal-scorer of ‘Serie A,’ along with Luca Toni of ‘Hellas Verona.’ Both Icardi and Toni scored 22 goals each and earned the ‘Capocannoniere’ title.
- He made his 100th ‘Serie A’ appearance on November 22, 2015, for ‘Internazionale,’ in which he netted a goal in his club’s 4–0 win over ‘Frosinone Calcio.’ The British daily ‘The Guardian’ ranked him as the 82nd-best footballer in the world in 2015.
- He scored his 50th ‘Serie A’ goal on April 9, 2016, in his 100th appearance for ‘Internazionale,’ in a match against ‘Frosinone,’ which ‘Internazionale’ won 1–0.
- On October 7, 2016, his contract with ‘Internazionale’ was extended until June 2021. The contract included a €110 million buy-out clause. The deal guaranteed to fetch him €4.5 million every season, along with several bonuses depending on his performances, goals scored, and image rights.
- By the first half of the 2016–2017 season, he had netted 14 goals, including several braces, and provided 5 assists. With this, he emerged as the most efficient striker in the top 5 leagues, outshining stalwarts such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. His brilliant performance helped him reach the 49th position in the world ranking of ‘The Guardian,’ in 2016.
- He scored a hat-trick in the ‘Derby della Madonnina,’ on October 15, 2017, with ‘Internazionale’ winning 3–2 against ‘Milan.’ He was the first player to have achieved this feat since Diego Milito in May 2012.
- He crossed the 100-goal mark in ‘Serie A’ in his 180th ‘Serie A’ match, on March 18, 2018. He netted four goals in the same match, which helped ‘Internazionale’ win 5–0 over ‘Sampdoria,’ taking his tally to 103 goals. He scored his hat-trick within 14 minutes of the match, during the first half.
- He made his youth international debut on August 14, 2012, with the Argentinean ‘Under-20’ football team, in a friendly match against Germany, and scored his first goal against Japan on August 19 that year.
- His senior international career with the Argentinean national football team began in 2013, and he made his first appearance for the main squad on October 15 that year in a ‘FIFA World Cup’ qualifier match against Uruguay.
Honors and Achievements of Mauro Icardi
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2018
- Capocannoniere: 2014-15, 2017-18.
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2014-15, 2017-18
- Serie A Goal of the Year: 2018
- Gazzetta Sports Awards – Performance of the Year: 2018
Net Worth, Source of Income, Salary, Endorsements
Mauro Icardi has an estimated net worth of $11 million in 2019, including all of his properties and incomes. He is currently receiving an annual salary of $ 4.1 million from his present club. He’s paid around £135,000 as a weekly wage.
Icardi also has a house in Argentina. He is also very fond of cars and owns various expensive ones including Hummer, Lamborghini Aventador, Bentley, and Rolls Royce etc.
Apart from his earnings from football, he too has linked with endorsing brands like Nike, New Balance, and others.
Personal Life, Marital Status, Wife, Children
Talking about his personal life, Mauro Icardi is a married man. He tied his knot with his long-term girlfriend Wanda Nara, an Argentine Tv personality. Nara is the former wife of Icardi’s former Sampdoria teammate Maxi Lopez. The couple split after her relationship with Icardi was exposed. Shortly after her divorce with Maxi Lopez, the couple tied their knots on 27 May 2014, at a small ceremony in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The couple together have 2 daughters, Francesca, born on 19 January 2015 and Isabella, born on 27 October 2016
The disreputable nature of the marriage has brought a lot of dislikes towards Icardi in Argentina and has been heavily criticized by people like retired star Diego Maradona, being dropped from the national team a being hated by his own club supporters.
Body Measurements, Height, Weight, Eye Color, Hair Color
Looking at his physique, He has the athletic body that measures 43-15-32 inches and weighs 75 Kg. He has a white face with blue eyes and dark brown hair. He looks amazing with a sweet smile on her face. Similarly, He has a height of 5 feet 11¼ inches. Furthermore, His shoe size and dress size is unknown.