This is a question that has been asked from parents all around the world since there have been babies. From infancy to toddlerhood, probiotics have become an increasingly popular way for parents to introduce beneficial bacteria into their child’s diet. Different strains of bacteria can reverse allergies, improve immunity and digestion, reduce ear infections in children, maximise nutrient absorption and more. What makes this method so appealing is that it can be implemented easily with no fuss or danger of allergy or side-effects (very important when dealing with babies). Here are some of the many amazing health benefits of probiotic supplements for babies.
- Probiotics for digestive health: Babies suffering with colic often don’t have the ability to digest their food properly and they experience pain. No matter how much they eat, they end up hungry again five minutes later and this cycle continues. There are hundreds of thousands of people around the world suffering from some form of digestive problem; whether it is due to allergies, a disease or a disorder. The good news is that probiotic supplementation can be a very effective way of dealing with digestive problems and correcting them rapidly.
- Immunity booster: When your child’s immune system is immature, it is harder for their body to fight off unwanted bacteria. They are more susceptible to illness and sickness. Well, what some people do not know is that probiotics can be a very effective way of helping children build immunity and fight off diseases in much faster ways.
- Probiotics for allergies: According to studies on probiotics, there are a number of children who were allergic to certain foods just before taking the supplements. However, after having managed to take the supplements for a prolonged period of time, they no longer suffer from any form of allergies and they can eat anything which they like with no problem at all.
- May prevent eczema: A recent study on probiotics has shown that when parents introduce probiotics to their baby’s diet right from the early days, there was a considerable drop in the number of eczema cases by nearly 50%. Eczema is an inflammation of the skin which is a very common health problem for children.
- May lead to weight loss: There are certain strains of probiotics which are very good in fighting against fat and obesity. There are certain probiotics which help the body to absorb calcium, vitamin B12, iron and other essential nutrients more efficiently to gain a healthier and stronger body. The process of weight loss is much faster and easier when you take probiotic supplements.
Baby probiotics and organic formula are just like the ones for adults, are very safe and make a great addition to your child’s diet. Also, they are very easy to take, making it more likely that your child will include them in their diet. Also, the number of probiotic supplements available is increasing rapidly and there are lots of different brands out there that are doing a great job at raising awareness about probiotics for children. With all the benefits listed above, taking probiotic supplements for babies is certainly something everyone should consider.